Is your school registered with Yoga Alliance US ?
- Yes , Swami Krishnananda Yoga Vidyapeeth is registered with the worldwide Yoga Alliance US as RYS 200 and RYS 300 .
- It is also registered with the Yoga Alliance International and World Yoga Federation
Where is your ashram in Mysore ?
The Ashram is at :
#21/6 Swami Krishnananda Yogashala
How to reach the Ashram ?
- From Bangalore international airport to Mysore satellite station by Flybus from airport itself .
- From Mysore satellite station to Mysore city bus station by tuk tuk.
- From Mysore city bus station to Swami Krishnananda Hatha yoga Vidyapeeth, Devalapura, Mysore by city bus no. 204 A, 208, 205 .
- You can also search on Google map as "Inteyoga Devalapura" or tap the the link given below for directions:- See Location on Google Map
- May contact Yogacharya Kadambari at +91 9113527224.
Is it safe to travel by taxi in Karnataka ?
- Yes , it is absolutely safe to travel by taxi in Karnataka but more economical to travel by State transport buses .
When should I reach the Ashram ?
- You are expected to be at the Ashram on the date of commencement of the course by 4pm.
I am a beginner. Is the course suitable for me ?
- The module of TTC is thoughtfully customised so as to suit and benefit the beginners as well as advanced students .
- All those who have sincerity , receptivity , eagerness to learn , enthusiasm , vigour , patience and faith in themselves as well as the yogic science are suitable for this course .
- Some of the courses are advance and require a basic knowledge of yoga to benefit the most.
Can I come a few days before or stay a few days more at the Ashram than the stipulated course dates ?
Can I bring my child with me to the Ashram ?
Can I attend the course with my partner ?
- Yes ... but you would be expected to live in separate Dormitory.
- Also, you have to follow a strict code of conduct avoiding any kind of amorous activity.(Huging, kissing etc)
What is the type of accommodation ?
- Dormitory (separate for males and females)
- We do not provide single rooms.
Do I need to study anything pertaining to yoga before coming to the course ?
- It is always advantageous to have a basic knowledge of the subject before stepping into the course.You are advised to learn online by subscribing to our free online Foundation Course at https://www.ylearning.org
Can you handle my travel arrangements from Bangalore ?
What all items should I bring with me while coming to the Ashram ?
Please bring the following articles with you while coming to the Ashram :
- 3 Photocopies of the passport and 3 Photocopies of valid visa Or Adhaar card(Only for Indian Aspirants)
- 3 photographs
- Notebook and pen
- A torch and umbrella
- Indian currency
- Mosquito repellent
- Loose decent clothing for asana class with following requirements:-
- (T-shirt :- Shoulder, chest and back covered)
- (Lower:- Below the knees)
What is the method of assessment ?
The criteria for being declared successful is :
- Your behavior towards the fellow participants, teachers ,the staff , other inhabitants of the ashram in and outside the class.
- Eagerness to learn
- Courage to face the truth
- Weekly assessment
- Surprise tests
- Final assessment .. (theoretical , oral and practical)
In a batch of 52 students how would I get sufficient support and attention ?
- Every day one and a half hours is allocated to "SAMWAAD" (Personal Contact Programme), during which each student gets ample time and opportunity (at least 4 times during the course) to interact directly with the Teacher on one to one basis. This enables the student to clear any doubts or personal queries .
- Yoga is a science.......an experiential science of existence...... the direct perception of Infinite....... Infinite cannot be taught by Finite......... To show the path , there is only ONE teacher.......The Brahman. We all are Disciples.....who are eager to learn.. Learning is an art .... which depends on the disciple's passion, skill and eagerness to learn.
' How many people can swim in an ocean !'
What is the daily Schedule for TTC ? What is the type of food served ?
- Vegetarian (no milk) diet
- Herbal tea with fruits twice a day
- Brunch and dinner at 10.30am and 6.30pm
Do we get weekly off ?
- Yes , the students do get weekly off so that they can relax , revise whatever has been taught , clarify the doubts and also seek personal Counselling.
Is there a dress code ?
- Yes....Light Coral round neck T shirt and Ginger Brown lowers for the lectures and loose decent (non revealing) clothing for the asana class.
I am pregnant / have serious health problems / just recovered from an acute illness/ undergone a surgery. Can I attend the course ?
- Please communicate with the Ashram through email and apprise us of your limitations so as to enable us to decide scientifically and judiciously.
- Pregnancy itself is an intense course encompassing all the areas of human persona.The blessed woman should instead attend to herself and the little angel in her womb. A pregnant woman is therefore advised to attend this course at a later date once she imbibes the sweetness of motherhood.
Do I have to be careful about eating food in India ?
- Yes ...definitely , no Street food.
- Keeping this in mind we advise the students to eat only in the Ashram during the entire duration of the course .
What is the Cancellation policy ?
- Booking amount is Non-Refundable
- If , due to some reason, the applicant is not able to attend on the booked dates , he can change it to another dates on prior notice with the same booking amount.
- Booking amount is transferrable to any other course in any one's name.
- For the time being our policy stands as following:-
- Owing to the ongoing nCOVID-19 pandemic, we declare that : ‘The booking amount is fully refundable or transferable to another course in same or any other name if informed at least Two days before commencement of the course’.
- The total fee once deposited, is Non refundable and Non Transferable, in part or full, if the participant leaves the course after Induction on the Orientation day.
Do you have laundry facilities ?
Is the food served during the course suitable for vegans ?
Can I pay in cash or use my credit card to make the balance payment ?
- Yes for Cash
- No for credit card.
- One can pay online also.
Will language be a barrier ?
- The medium of instructions is English. The Teachers are proficient in Kannada and Hindi also.
Can I skip a class ?
- Yes... only if you are physically sick
Can I take my medicines during the course ?
- Yes .
What if I get sick during the course..?Do we have the facilities for medical attention in case of emergency ?
- Yes the Lead Trainer (Dr.K Ashutosh) himself is a qualified medical doctor and is available in the Ashram 24 × 7 × 30 days.
After completing the TTC can I practice as a yoga therapist ?
- The knowledge imparted, if imbibed religiously,can help the successful participants practice as a Restorative Yoga Teacher and help your student Manage his lifestyle disorder and Restore his health effectively .The recipient of our certificate does not qualify him to practise as a doctor, healer or Yoga therapist .